Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Oct 17, 2005

Holy Crap - It's Knitting Content!


...But first things first: Happy anniversary, Honey!!!
Yesterday was our ninth anniversary. (As in, we've been together nine years, not married for nine years.) There was the traditional indulgence at a (new) favourite restaurant, and mushiness ensued.

And now, on to the knitting:

This is my recently completed pullover in Rowanspun DK, which shall henceforth be known as the Goblin Sweater. (Isn't that a perfect colour name? Goblin. I love Rowan colour names.) I actually did about 6 inches worth of waist shaping, but the yarn is so drapey, it doesn't look very fitted. I also did the waist shaping at 12 different points around the sweater, instead of just at the sides, so that the shape would be totally smooth, without an exaggerated curve.

I used a decrease scheme I haven't seen before. I did one two-stitch cable decrease every other row at each decrease point, which moved back and forth over the decrease line.

I adore this sweater beyond reason. There was much fussing at the end, lengthening it, messing around with the lower edge, blocking it twice (the first time I blocked it out too big)... but it was all worth it. I am completely happy with it now. I predict that we will have a long and happy future together, the three of us.... me, Zak, and my sweater.

13 Comments:

At 9:55 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

wow...gorgeous sweater mandy :) great colour name indeed -- and congratulations to all three of you

 
At 12:11 a.m., Blogger Wendy said...

Hooray for green! Hooray for love!

 
At 10:28 a.m., Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

beeyooootiful!! i love, love, love that green, and the shaping is so flattering! congrats on the sweater and on the lovin'!

 
At 2:12 p.m., Blogger Amy Boogie said...

Very pretty and Happy Anniversary!

 
At 8:32 p.m., Blogger Penelope said...

Happy anniversary Mandy & Zak; you look very happy!

(great sweater too :)

 
At 11:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy goblin-y anniversary!
That's a gorgeous sweater -- it's just gemly. Nine years is gemly too! Congrats all around....

 
At 4:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy happy. Congratulations to you two.

And that sweater? ::swoon:: I'm in love three times over with it: the color, the neckline, and those decreases. Lovely lovely lovely.

 
At 5:14 a.m., Blogger Steph said...

I love those cable decreases! And the colour! What a great sweater. And it matches your blog... at least on this computer.

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 8:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it. That colour looks delicious. Happy anniversary to you both!

 
At 10:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sweater - love the neckline! How did you do that lovely mini-roll on the wide neckline? I love it.
And happy ann! ain't love grand?

 
At 1:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, you two are sooo cute!

Also, I love that sweater. It matches the background on your main page!

 
At 11:47 p.m., Blogger Visa Lisa said...

First things first: That is the CUTEST picture of you guys! And congratulations! And the sweater is SO cute on you! I can't wear that shade of green but you can! *appreciative whistle* Love

 
At 12:31 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy, gorgeous! And I love the pic of you two, I love it. It gives me hope. I mean that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home