Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Aug 27, 2006

Eighties Love


I made some fun pants a little while ago, to show off my long legs in as garish a manner as possible. I've inflicted them on the world a few times recently, and Rachael kindly took a photo for me.

As usual, click for big. Sometimes when I sew, I don't feel like doing the detail work of making small pieces like pockets or belt loops. I buy jeans at thrift stores for a few dollars and use them for parts. I love the way that worked out for these pants. They're long, tight, tapered, stretchy, comfortable and hilarious. I love them, but I have to be feeling pretty good to wear them out of the house.

10 Comments:

At 4:46 a.m., Blogger AmyP said...

Just as long as you don't re-enact any scene from Flashdance! :)

 
At 4:51 a.m., Blogger jodi said...

Oh my goodness. These really should not be awesome, and yet they are.

 
At 5:37 a.m., Blogger Amy Boogie said...

I'm loving the pockets. They look great on your legs, I'm not sure I could pull off the look (actually I don't feel like I can pull off anything more than plain black most days). You rock.

 
At 5:45 a.m., Blogger Gina said...

I miss my pants...*sigh*
Love yours!!

 
At 6:06 a.m., Blogger Visa Lisa said...

You're so wonderfully crazy and wonderful! I love those pants! Sorry for not having been in touch lately. I truly miss you guys. As I know you've been talking to Spencer I also know you understand things are rough about some stuff... I'll be in touch. Meanwhile: LOVE your creativity darling!

 
At 8:25 a.m., Blogger InkyW said...

I love the pants, and the pocket detail rocks - what a great idea!

 
At 10:09 a.m., Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

heh - eighties love! i went crazy on Crazy Pants in the 80s. i always wore an off-the-shoulder sweater in either white or black, and would make pants with of the most outrageous patterns/prints i could find. i was wearing animal prints long before they became trendy. heh.

 
At 3:55 p.m., Blogger knitty_kat said...

I like the pants, they look fab! And you are a creative genius!

 
At 10:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you not only made those but you wear them out in public makes me worship you even more.

 
At 2:59 p.m., Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

They're awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home