Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Aug 29, 2006

Sisters Redux

More sewing photos, anyone? This isn't a very recent project, but it's one that pleases me.

When I went to the Sisters of Mercy show this spring, I bought a band shirt which I didn't like very much. I'm not nuts about this logo, and it didn't fit well.


(Okay, nothing new there. Commercial t-shirts never fit me well. That's why I do so many t-shirt sewing projects.)

I cut up the shirt and put it back together with pieces salvaged from a failed project, and voilà!


I finally got around to asking Zak to take some photos for me tonight. He took a lot of really nice ones - I was very tempted to post, like, twelve of them. Click for big.

Vanity, thy name is Mandy. Take a flattering shot of me and I want to show the world.


Soon I'll also have a new tattoo photo to show! My brother Dan and his friend Mike are visiting tomorrow, and Dan and I are finally going to get the tattoos we've talked about for the last 800 years. This will be his first one. I'm going to make sure he gets done before me - I'm a wimp with the pain, and I'm getting them done in very painful spots.


When I got tattooed with my Mom, aunts and great-aunt, I made sure they all went before me so I wouldn't inspire them to chicken out. (I was the only one who had been tattooed previously.) They all said I was right to make them go first, after seeing how tough I wasn't.

Heh. Oh well. At least I get it done.

I'll try to post some more sewing photos in the next few weeks. I have a lot of projects from the last year or so that I have been meaning to show. I'm afraid it's likely to be a while before you see any kntting on this here knitting blog. I'm currently working on one of those notorious secret design projects that seem to be plaguing the knit-blogging world.

12 Comments:

At 2:33 p.m., Blogger leigh said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:37 p.m., Blogger leigh said...

I really enjoy seeing your sewing projects, 'specially the reconstructed t-shirts. Sigh ... I miss my sewing machine!

 
At 5:07 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

I'm such a wimp... I've thought about a tattoo, and I've even thought I'd like one.. but the needles... I just don't know if I could do it!

Your shirt looks awesome by the way!

 
At 1:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

When, where, who? Jealous!!!

 
At 1:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

When, where, who? Jealous!!!

 
At 10:09 p.m., Blogger Dani In NC said...

Great t-shirt! My daughter and I altered our first t-shirt last week. It was more cutting and tying than sewing, but it turned out pretty well. Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At 5:53 a.m., Blogger jodi said...

Awesome, Mandy, that's really cute. I love the little orange strip at the shoulder.

 
At 1:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, wow, I was just coming here today to leave a comment to ask you how you do that t-shirt fix thingy I've loved in the past (and I think of you every time I put on a baggy old t-shirt and wish I could do what you do). And here are pics, making my comment actually relevant! I LOVE the way you make those t-shirts look all hot and form fitting on you, and I want to take all my old band t-shirts and do the same. I don't have the creative mind that would allow me to figure out how to do it without a little tutorial or guidelines, and I would hate to ruin my old depeche mode and fugazi shirts (eclectic tastes) by just diggging in with the scissors. Could you be so kind as to give a little advices? THANKS!!

 
At 2:57 p.m., Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Love the re-do T! Very cool.

 
At 4:19 p.m., Blogger libby said...

now that's a fine-lookin' shirt.

 
At 9:44 a.m., Blogger Sharon said...

You're not a wimp, I mean I can't even commit to an image that I would want on my body for ever yet alone needles, my mind doesn't think that far ahead before it get's all wrapped up in the imagery.
And another thing scissors to my clothes, I'm a wimp when it comes to cutting a tag off!
You rock my friend ;P

 
At 8:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

la media polera

 

Post a Comment

<< Home