Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Jan 22, 2006

News Flash: Moving Sucks



Perhaps I'm just not going to get caught up on my blog entries after all. Perhaps I will just have to skip writing about our wonderful trip home for Christmas, and my subsequent trip home last weekend. (I was a birthday present for Bel. Long story, or I'm a lazy story-teller: take your pick.)

We're moving on the 28th. Zak's been away since last weekend, and doesn't get back til after we move. This is all fine and good, and I could wax eloquent about why this is all fine and good, but I'm a little busy packing, avoiding packing, and freaking out about packing.

Fortunately, because my husband isn't a cretin, we went out for my birthday before he left. Also, I have a couple of really nice friends who have taken me out for my birthday since then. Twice. Because, you know, birthdays that don't suck make everything better.

The photo above is, in the interest of randomness, a crappy shot of a little shelf I have on the wall in the guest room right now. (This was actually the best shot I was able to get. I'm not sure why I love this little display so much.) I know I can set it up again in the new place and everything, but still.... I'm going to miss this place. On the off chance you're curious, click to make big.

L-R: The Iron Giant, a little lamb I bought at Ten Thousand Villages, a fantastic head made by Sharon, a little wooden Christmas tree I bought in a Christmas store in Heidelberg, some tiny babies my mother-in-law put in my stocking the first or second Christmas Zak and I were together, a small piece by the ceramic artist John Chalk (there's a cool story behind that one), a vessel and stopper I made in ceramics in college, and a really amazing dragon head Zak made when he was 12.

Edited to add: I think I'll just give up the idea that my blog is meant to keep up with the events of my life. I so often want to write about something, but I don't because I feel like I should write a nice, long entry about something else first, then I let it get more and more behind til I have to just both ideas go. I do this very, very often. A bit late for a New Year's resolution, but I think I usually make birthday resolutions instead.

Here goes: I will give up the idea that my blog will record my life in any detail. This means that many wonderful things that happen in my life, like Spencer and Lisa coming to Vancouver to visit us, may not be covered in my blog. I will write about whatever I end up writing about, punctuated occasionally by knitting and crochet. I bet I'll write more this way. :)

4 Comments:

At 5:39 a.m., Blogger jodi said...

Don't stress, dear. We wouldn't have time to live our lives if we took the time to write about it all! Although I AM dying to hear about Spencer and Lisa's visit. . . ;)

 
At 5:39 a.m., Blogger Erin said...

It is, after all, your blog. There's no right or wrong things to write about!

And I have to agree with you, moving sucks. I don't even have all that much stuff, but it sure seemed like it when I moved!

 
At 11:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with the move. moving is indeed awful. you have my sympathies and wishes for a speedy one...

 
At 7:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I right there with you. It's a script I run through regularly: "I need to talk about X, only then can I talk about Y and Z. But, I don't want to write about X. Oh crap, I'll go knit while I think about it."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home