Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Dec 15, 2005

In Which I Am Lucky

Zak and I were out running errands earlier this evening. We stopped at a dollar store on the way home from the chiroprator, and he picked up this hat:

...which he wore as we proceeded to the grocery store and liquor store. As you can imagine, it made a lot of people smile.
When we walked into the liquor store, a man was giving out samples of wine at the door. He complimented Zak, then he asked me, "are you with him?" Yes. "You're very lucky," he said. How did he know??

In other news, my grandparents visited this weekend. One thing I am really enjoying as I grow older, is getting to know the people in my family in a new way. People obviously talk to you differently when you're 30 and married, than they do when you're the underage oldest grandchild/niece/daughter.

I feel very fortunate that my Nona and Grandpa are young enough (though they're older than you would probably think from looking at this photo) and healthy enough that I have the opportunity to know them this way. They're pretty awesome. We took them out for Chinese hot pot Saturday night, then made Eggs Benedict Sunday morning. It was a really nice visit.

8 Comments:

At 7:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw two people wearing that hat in a Village bar last night! It reminds me of Dr. Suess.

 
At 8:19 a.m., Blogger jodi said...

You ARE lucky.

And thanks for the birthday wishes!

 
At 9:35 a.m., Blogger Amy Boogie said...

I think you're both lucky. It's awesome that you get to spend time with your grandparents. I love spending time with my gram.

 
At 9:57 a.m., Blogger Wendy said...

It's such a great feeling to BE lucky and KNOW you're lucky, yes.
I agree with you about the differences in communication. I miss being able to do run up my uncle's legs while he held my hands and do a backflip off him, but other than that, I really like meeting my family as adults.

 
At 12:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, especially in these pictures, Zak looks like a *very* handsome guy I dated a few years ago named Colin. Same glasses and everything. I love hearing about the two of you, it's so sweet. And a visit from the grandparents! Awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time. I love the way conversation evolves too, it's like, wow, you're an adult now! :)

 
At 7:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I know this is completely unrelated to this post, but I thought you should check this out in time for Christmas (are you in Calgary yet?): http://www.popularfront.com/snowdays/index.html

 
At 4:53 p.m., Blogger Ang said...

i can read you again!!!! are you here for xmas?

 
At 5:20 p.m., Blogger stacyo said...

wow. just found your blog. your knitting is amazing. and you are very lucky to have your grandparents. I wish mine were more than just memories to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home