Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Nov 14, 2005

Manos Cardigan, Take 1

I finished my Manos cardigan last night! I need to get Zak to take some good photos for me, but he's in the grip of jet lag right now, so coordinating some time when we are both awake and free during daylight hours may take a few days (especially since there are precious few daylight hours right now). Since he got home on Saturday, most of our conscious hours have been at night.

I couldn't wait, though, to take a few quick photos and post one. This sweater was inspired by Scoop du Jour, and by the wonderful book Knitting from the Top. I knit it in one piece, from the top down. This is the first time I have worked set-in sleeves this way, though I have been obsessing about them for a few months now. I am very happy with the results, and I will definitely knit more sweaters this way. More soon...

9 Comments:

At 9:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy - it's fabulous. And the colour looks amazing on you - you look radiant :)

Erika

 
At 10:03 p.m., Blogger Wendy said...

Looks great! Comfortable, but form flattering, great shaping, style, and color.

 
At 12:14 a.m., Blogger Visa Lisa said...

FABULOUS! Fit, color, pose. I love it.

 
At 7:42 a.m., Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

another winner!!

 
At 11:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sweater -- I love everything about it, but I'm particularly in love with that scoop neck. brilliant!

 
At 8:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how did you do the set in sleeves? Did you make then seperately? Or short row them from the top down somehow, or perhaps I'm making this far too complicated! Share!

 
At 8:48 a.m., Blogger Erin said...

That cardi looks fabulous! I love the variegation of the yarn. Awesome!

 
At 2:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, dahlink! Gorgeous!

 
At 8:48 a.m., Blogger jodi said...

Beautiful, Mandy. You look great in that. The thought of wrapping myself in that much Manos makes me kind of. . . um, excited. How many skeins worth of pimping myself out would I have to do to make a sweater like that?

Also, we must know how to do the sleeves! I'm all about the top down, but getting sick of raglans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home