Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Mar 13, 2008

Necklace Obsession

Honey

I recently put some new necklaces up in my other Etsy shop. I've been making a different type of necklace lately; instead of stringing a bunch of beads together on wire, I string each bead separately on its own piece of wire, then link them all together with rings. This type of necklace is more time-consuming to put together, but I've been so obsessed with them that I'm getting faster!

Early Spring

When I first started making this type of necklace, I did some with keys; lately I've been making them without. I'm curious: what do you think? Do the keys make them more effective, or are they just distracting? I'm really enjoying the effect of the beads on their own, but a bunch of exciting keys that I bought on eBay just arrived...

Essential

I'd really love to hear any thoughts on the necklaces in my shop. I'm still having a lot of fun learning this new medium, experimenting with new ideas, shapes and colours.

Essential 2

3 Comments:

At 7:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did mention how talented I think you are? I love the new necklaces. I love the key ones but this new batch seems so classic and lovely! I can't wait to see them before they all sell!

 
At 11:52 a.m., Blogger Cali said...

Hi, I found your blog through someone else. Just wanted to say that I love these necklaces! Beautiful idea and color combinations. I love the keys. What a beautiful idea. Especially for a guy to give to his girl "key to my heart"

 
At 4:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Your knits are gorgeous too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home