Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Oct 6, 2007

Mograh Open for Business!

Brimstone

This summer, during those months when I was neglecting my blog (more than usual), I started making beaded necklaces.

I've been enjoying learning how to use beads. Stringing beads on a length of wire is a very different way of organizing visual information from desiging a garment, or composing a painting. It's been more challenging than I had expected to come up with interesting and pleasing pieces, and I feel like I learn something new with each piece. I have yet to feel like I'm really innovating at all, but I've made some things I'm proud of.

Hold the Meringue

One thing I particularly like about beading is that it's possible to make something satisfying and lovely in less than a million hours. I'll likely never knit for money, but beading is fast and interesting enough to do that I am happy to sell necklaces. And so without further ado, I present my Etsy shop!

Please check it out and let me know what you think. I'm quite excited and would love feedback.

Diary

5 Comments:

At 8:34 a.m., Blogger libby said...

hooray to you! you're a natural beader.

i'm sure you've been to one, but bead shows are a ton of fun.

 
At 6:58 p.m., Blogger kat coyle said...

The necklaces are lovely, I especially like the key one.

 
At 3:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are lovely creations.

 
At 1:15 p.m., Blogger Amy Boogie said...

Your beading is beautiful!

 
At 2:42 a.m., Blogger Sharon said...

Great stuff Mandy, it's funny that you went ahead and opened an etsy shop as I'm in the process of building an inventory of beaded mobiles for my own Etsy.

Can't wait to see more of your work! ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home