Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Jun 17, 2007

Personal Shoppers

First: Thank you all so much for your enthusiasm for the new sweater design! I am working on the pattern and a sample; I should have it available by the end of the month ("should" is the operative word...). I really appreciate your feedback about the edging as well; I think I was being a bit silly worrying to much about using a crocheted edging. :)

And now: Why my friends are awesome, part #4973

My sister is getting married next month, and I am a bridesmaid. I will be wearing a red strapless dress, with silver accessories. Tracking down the necessary shoes and underpinnings is proving to be a challenge and a half; I am difficult to fit. I did manage to find a bra in my size after a depressing 5-hour shopping marathon yesterday, but I failed to find a pair of shoes.

Today I had coffee in the afternoon with Susie. The plan was for us to meet up later with Travis, Rachael and Rachael's mother to go to the Richmond night market, which is a ton of fun; I had been looking forward to it all week. In the end, I bailed on that part of the evening because my back and legs were killing me from my shopping marathon the day before.

They dropped me home on their way to Richmond, and dropped in again on their way back. They brought me the items you see in the photo below. Combined cost: $30.

Personal Shoppers

I love my friends.

7 Comments:

At 8:30 a.m., Blogger InkyW said...

ooo i love shiny shoes - and flats too!! the purse looks very retro, i could see using that again for a fun day.

and yay on new sweater pattern coming soon! woohooo

 
At 5:18 p.m., Blogger Megan said...

Awesome shoes and awesomer friends!

I'm confused. Did you have to find a silver bra? =)

 
At 10:23 p.m., Blogger Sharon said...

Nice shoes! I wish I could go to that market too! Unfortunately I can't afford a Vancouver stop over this year, sorry :( I'm going to miss you ,^^,

 
At 5:59 a.m., Blogger bio_knit_kitty said...

The shoes are super cute.

 
At 5:23 p.m., Blogger supersusie said...

your friends love you, too.

 
At 9:57 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! Your projects are loverly, but I am actually curious about that moth tattoo you have. Is there are clear pic of it? It looks amazing!

 
At 2:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love both of those! i have only been to the night market in chinatown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home