Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Apr 8, 2007

One Advantage of Being Large

I've spent the last hour or so trying to write a blog post about marriage that's been rolling around in my head for the last year or two, and I'm not having any luck getting it out. So for now, I'm just stopping by to say thank you for all your interesting and thoughtful comments about Pan's Labyrinth, and to show you a beautiful thing that was given to me recently.

You'll likely recognize the design as the cover sweater from the Winter 06/07 issue of Vogue Knitting. Ande knit it and it was huge on her, so she gave it to lucky me. Sometimes, it is a very handy thing to be much larger than one's friends. ;) I need to take more photos, but here's one for now:



Note the monstrous pin. I bought a bunch of kilt pins off eBay, and I have a few of these 12.5 cm (5") ones. I love them madly and need to think of more ways to wear them.



And I think that's it for me right now. The killer projects of the last few months are finally wrapping up, and there are others on the horizon. I'm catching up with the friends I hadn't seen much while I was working like mad, and I've met a few new friends. Though I seem to be unable to write a decent blog entry or reply to email, life is pretty good.

10 Comments:

At 7:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! There it is! Lovely! Look how those little pentagons blocked out! You look mahvelous in it!
Must make myself another. In the right size!

 
At 8:02 p.m., Blogger Rachael said...

I totally forgot you were going to wear this the other night, 'cause then you didn't. Maybe for easter dinner...?

I always thought there were WAY more advantages to "being large". You always say you are large and I have a hard time thinking of you this way, even though I know you are a bigger size than me.

 
At 8:28 p.m., Blogger kat coyle said...

S C O R E ! It looks great on you. What a nice gift. Reminds me that I recently scored some amazing yarn, from a very nice yarnageddon. Thank you!

 
At 11:22 p.m., Blogger Robin said...

Those huge kilt pins are perfect for your new, very lovely, sweater. Love the purple on you.

 
At 3:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fabooluss! Good job Ande! Yay kilt pins! (very handy things, surprisingly)

 
At 6:02 a.m., Blogger Deb said...

You look awesome!!!!! I recently started a shorter, loose fronted sweater (it has a pic on my blog somewhere)-but it didn't work out with the yarn I chose. Buut I haven't given up! You inspire me- to push the envelope with designs that larger women can and should wear-keep at it! Maybe you and I could get together and design something someday-

 
At 9:29 a.m., Blogger Steph said...

Wow - beautiful sweater (? Jacket? shrug?) - I love the colour.

And those pins? Imagine the baby whose diaper they fit. Heh heh.

 
At 6:24 a.m., Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said...

The kilt pins are a fantastic idea! I don't like shawl pins because of the straight pokey things...

 
At 4:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo!!!!!!!! pins i love pins!!!!!!!!!!!
sam

 
At 2:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Sweater and the Pin is the icing on the cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home