Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Feb 17, 2007

Reasons I Love my Husband, #4859

Tonight I was editing a pattern for a beautiful jacket by Jordana Paige. Zak came into my office, and I showed him some photos of the jacket.

"That's nice, what's the yarn weight?"

"It's a DK."

"Oh, okay, that makes sense."
(The stitch pattern makes the fabric look substantial, but it has a that nice DK drape. I showed him my swatch of the stitch pattern.)

"I love it, I think I'm going to make it, though I'll probably make it a raglan."

"Yeah, it would look look really good that way, because...." etc.

Life would suck if I couldn't talk to him about knitting.

8 Comments:

At 8:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. Nick and I can talk about or hobbies to each other only to a certain depth, then we'll break off, laugh and say "blah, blah, blah," 'cuz we realise we're just working stuff out aloud, and the other isn't really getting it.

 
At 10:02 a.m., Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

lucky! The Chops never asks me about my knittng, but I don't mind because I never ask him about his mother boards, circuits, servers or action scripts. heh - i don't even know if those are the right words!!chester

 
At 10:04 a.m., Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

heh - excuse that 'chester' at the end of my last post - i had started to write something else but changed my mind - missed that edit!

 
At 10:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once we were on a plane, and I thought there was something wrong in a pattern, so I had Lala read the part that confused me, and I was right, and then I realized how SEXY that was that she could do that.
xo

 
At 2:30 p.m., Blogger jodi said...

You just made a lot of people jealous, my dear ;)

 
At 1:05 a.m., Blogger wenchlette said...

Oh, I know what you mean. My boy knits and crochets and we have conversations about yarn.

we're lucky!

 
At 8:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I talk to the guy about knit stuff. Unfortch his eyes glaze over kinda quickly. He's happy to tell me how nice something is when I finish it, pet my yarn when I show it to him and give an honest opinion about patterns when I show them to him.

 
At 8:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your husband too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home