Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Feb 9, 2007

A Pretty Thing

I made a pretty thing for my lovely friend Christina to wear at her wedding reception this weekend.

All photos can be clicked to take you to their Flickr photo page.

Capital-P Pretty

It's a crocheted, beaded capelet, which I worked using a pattern from Phildar magazine #440 (the same book this scarf is from). If you want this excellent magazine, you can find it here. Please note, though, it is only available in French.

Capital-P Pretty

I used less than 2 balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Trance, and a bunch of clear tiny beads with silver centers.

Capital-P Pretty

It's unusual for me to make something pretty and delicate; generally, it fits neither my style of dress nor my lifestyle. I really enjoyed having an excuse to make this, and it was nice to be able to make something beautiful for my friend.

Capital-P Pretty

I hope she likes it.

Capital-P Pretty

7 Comments:

At 8:52 p.m., Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

How could she not like it? It's gorgeous! : ) If she doesn't like it, call her an ingrate and take it right back! ; )

 
At 6:13 a.m., Blogger Heather said...

This is absolutely stunning. Seriously, this is beautiful. It's making me want to learn to crochet again

 
At 8:22 a.m., Blogger jodi said...

It's really, really beautiful Mandy. I'm half hoping the reception dress is orange, the blue looks so good with the chair!

 
At 9:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely & nebulous & BLUE! Whoa! You do beautiful beautifully, mandy.

 
At 10:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so beautiful! So delicate! Fantastic!

 
At 11:02 a.m., Blogger Jennifer said...

Absolutely stunning, I love the color and the openess of it.

 
At 10:36 p.m., Blogger Minou said...

beautiful!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home