Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Sep 27, 2007

Rip-Off Post

This post is a total rip-off, cross-posted from my Flickr photos. I started posting to the Wardrobe_Remix group this summer, and this is my most recent shot. Zak has been bugging me to post my W_R shots to my blog; is anyone interested?

I missed you guys (I hope you're still out there). I don't really know what was wrong with me this summer; in many ways it was even a great summer. My sister had a beautiful wedding. My brother came to Vancouver for a nice, long visit, and my "Little Sister" came out for a short one. I learned more about beads and am planning to open an Etsy shop of beaded jewelry within the next week or so. I am getting ready to (REALLY REALLY) publish my first self-published design (not the Summer Sweater, that will have to wait til next spring).

I will post for real, soon. But for now:

---

Saturday

I've been away from my online life for too long, it feels daunting to try to step back into it... so I'm cheating and cross-posting this to my blog.

Zak took this photo for me of the outfit I wore last Saturday afternoon. It was a fun outfit. I've missed my fall clothes (and everything else about the fall) and am glad the weather is getting cooler again.

Hat: Peter Grimm
Jacket and jeans: Made by me
Shirt: Blatantly copied from this photo, using a thrifted shirt
Shoes: These ones
Purse: Thrifted from Kawabata-Ya
---

10 Comments:

At 3:38 a.m., Blogger jodi said...

I've been feeling the same way about my own blog, wondering if it would be okay to (once in a while) cross-post from my thesis blog to the regular one. The thesis blog takes all of my blogging energy right now, sadly.

I miss your blogging but have been keeping track on flickr, at least. I loved the photos of you guys having fun with Stevie.

You and I need to talk swappage sometime soon!

 
At 4:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made jeans?! Very cool! I've been electronically stalking you via Flickr, so don't worry, some of us are still here!

 
At 9:15 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've missed you! i know how you're feeling about the blog - i didn't post all summer either :(

 
At 9:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops - i hit 'return' too fast. meant to also say that i love.love.love what you're doing with the remix. and i love even more what you're doing with the t-shirts. would you ever consider some commissioned work?

 
At 1:18 p.m., Blogger knitty_kat said...

I think the t-shirts or clothing should be something you offer in your store as well. I've really enjoyed the W.R. as well.

 
At 3:23 p.m., Blogger leigh said...

Hooray, you're back. And looking cooler than ever.

 
At 7:02 p.m., Blogger Robin said...

Nice to see you again! The outfit looks very cool - love the hat.

 
At 6:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! Nice to see/read you!
I'm having the same sort of summer, work supreme suckage=lack of blog posts. However I would love to read anything you posted! And I have new patterns to show you!

 
At 1:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the outfit. I know i was a bit skeptical about the shoes when i saw them but it looks mega cool awesome bodacious funky fly! (that means "good")

 
At 9:01 p.m., Blogger Alison said...

Mandy, is that a ... PONYTAIL? Has it been THAT long?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home