Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Jan 24, 2006

It's A Good Idea To Blog About The Election When You're Sleep-Deprived

Even when I've got cable, I don't usually watch election coverage. I vote, then I do something else until I can find out the results - I hate the suspense. Tonight after voting (I'm still up packing - so it's still last night for me) I went to the eighth-level-of-hell mega-mall near my house to run errands, and was treated to ambient election coverage via TVs in department stores. In the early stages I glimpsed and overheard, it appeared that the Conservatives were going to do much better than they did in the end. I'm disappointed that they won (that's a nice way to put it), but when I looked at the CBC summary, I am... well, less disheartened. The Conservatives have a smaller minority government than the Liberals did last time, and the NDP increased their number of seats by half. This might not suck as badly as I had feared.

Now go read Jodi and Steph if you haven't already. (That's me saying "Look over there!" because I am sort of shit at talking politics.)

1 Comments:

At 7:20 p.m., Blogger jodi said...

Har. Not so good to blog about the election while sleep-deprived AND slightly drunk. Though I'm not at all sorry for what I said about those Ancaster twits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home