Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Sep 30, 2006

Quiet

Sometimes it's hard to write... things stay in my head, and the words just don't come. I've been seeing friends, but I haven't been talking on the phone or writing email much, except for my regular conversations with Zak.

He's home from a trip now, maybe I will get back to a more normal state of mind. This year has been pretty intense, we've been making lots of changes in our lives. We've both been finding the trips harder then they've been in the past.

Perhaps finally renting the first season of "Lost" to see what everyone was on about wasn't the most stress-free thing I could have done while Zak was away on a multi-city overseas business trip. I surprised myself by abjectly weeping during the first crash flashback.

I went for my usual walk tonight and ended up stopping for a latte on my way home. I sat and drank it and looked out the window, listening to the conversations going on around me. One thing I love about Vancouver is that it's not unusual to hear many conversations which I can't understand. I didn't understand anything being said in the entire coffee shop for a good 10 minues before someone answered their cell phone with a "hello". Although the cafe was noisy, I felt very peaceful. It was helpful to know that when I returned home, I could go into the bedroom and listen to my husband breathe.

4 Comments:

At 12:53 a.m., Blogger kat coyle said...

Hi Mandy, it would seem really wierd that we had both posted a "quiet" theme, except I got mine from the illustration Friday word for the week. It did fit my mood though!...recovering from the flu and generally out of it. oh dear, time for bed :)

 
At 12:40 p.m., Blogger Nadia said...

It's a great time of year here, isn't it? I just got in the door from a walk around Kits. It's still warmish, but it's getting to be that cozy nesting time of year. Coffeeshops and sweaters and TV knitting and wooly socks.

 
At 12:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely entry on appreciating the simple moments in life.

Plane crash trauma aside, was it worth it to rent Lost?

 
At 8:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just tuned in to your blog and I really enjoy it!
Gotta love those quiet moods, huh? I really love this post and can really relate to your sentiments. I've been feeling a bit the same lately, myself.
I understand how you feel about Zak being away. I went through many of the same things when my husband was out doing his Masters at U of Calgary for 8 months. Being in Ontario, I had many of those evenings of quiet and when he finally came home it truly was a feeling of relief just to have him there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home