Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Sep 12, 2006

The Time, She Passes

A few milestones, in random order:

The new issue of Knitty was my ninth as technical editor. I'm still shit at meeting deadlines. (I'm proud of the first point, but not the second.)

August 30 was my three-year blogging anniversary. Most of my archives have been lost. (Amy is to blame for the first point, but not the second.)

Sometime right around now, six years ago, I decided to teach myself to knit. I have met a surprising number of my dearest friends because of this decision.

Next month, Zak and I will have been together for ten years. Ten freaking years, folks. I will refrain from going on about this right now, because you will no doubt get a nauseating dose of my sappiness when our anniversary rolls around. I'll tell you one thing, though. Right about now ten years ago, I was pretty shocked and angry to find that it really was possible to need someone.

Several hours ago, I really should have gone to bed.

12 Comments:

At 8:58 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy, there seems to be something wrong with the atom feed on your blog, but not the rss. For some reason the last few entries haven't shown up in bloglines.

Hurray for blogging anniversaries!

 
At 12:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversaries! Amazing how time flies! Jim and I are on our 10th year too!

 
At 4:46 p.m., Blogger Sharon said...

OMG I can't believe it's been that long, which means that we are in fact getting old as I still remember you vividly before you met Zak.

Congratulations! :) And to think you two are still lovey dovey like you met yesterday! Right on!!! ;P

 
At 10:56 a.m., Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

congrats! time flies when you're having fun :)

btw, i love that pic of you and your brother in your previous post! that's an enlarge-and-frame for sure!

 
At 2:33 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

Ah- but needing someone can be the nicest thing to happen in the world!

 
At 10:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

TEN YEARS! Wow, congrats!!!!

You've been doing an awesome job with Knitty. Keep it up!

 
At 9:54 a.m., Blogger Sharon said...

Hey Mandy and your knitting friends! Check out Princess Leia! http://www.design-milk.com/

 
At 4:02 p.m., Blogger Deb said...

Many happy anniversaries!!!!!!!! MWAH!

 
At 5:59 p.m., Blogger Penelope said...

Happy Anniversary, Mandy! All the best to you and Zak.

 
At 10:44 a.m., Blogger kat coyle said...

ten years is a good long time. amazing how fast it goes by, no? in nov. i'll be nine years with my boyfriend. yikes.

 
At 7:15 p.m., Blogger wenchlette said...

woo, ten years! jeeez.

 
At 8:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

time, she is a fickle one, but one thing she does well is march on.
happy 'vearsaries to you!
and thank you!

and to second (almost) what rachael said above; you totally vanished from my bloglines! :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home