Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Oct 18, 2006

Current Events

After the Rain

Well, folks, it looks like you will be spared the full force of my anniversary mushiness. Monday was the tenth anniversary of the day that Zak and I decided to, as they say, take our friendship to the next level. It has been the first ten years of something better than even my most fervent dreams. However, my relationship with myself is going through a bit of a rough patch right now, and it's leaving me a little less loquacious than usual.

But I have a few "look over there!" points to round out this entry:

1. Amy's crochet book is out! I'm excited by this because:
a) It was written by Amy.
b) I have 4 patterns in it, and acted as technical editor.
c) Zak has a pattern in it! (It wasn't photographed in a way which shows that it is actually a cool design, but... well, it is.)

2. The Perfect Sweater Pattern, the result of a collaborative project initiated by Ann of Mason-Dixon Knitting, is unleashed upon the world. I was technical editor for this, too, and did the sizing for it. It was a fun and exciting project to be part of, and I was very happy for a chance to make Ann's acquaintance after reading the MDK blog forever!

3. Hanging out with my friend Rachael has got me interested in photography. I'm certainly nothing more than a dilettante, but I'm having fun, and some of my photos please me very much. I have gone on a few photo-taking outings with Rachael and other people from Vandigicam; one to a bird sanctuary, and one through back alleys in downtown Vancouver (to shoot graffiti). I've been posting these photos on my Flickr page, as well as photos of other things, like KNITTING. Because I do still knit, really, and I have a lovely sweater to show you soon, I just need to photograph it. So, you know, please feel free to go check out my photos.

And that's all I've got for now. I guess I ended up with a respectably long post after all. Knitting soon, really.

6 Comments:

At 5:00 a.m., Blogger Deb said...

Happy Anniversary! Is it not the most wonderful thing to find that person who celebrates who you are, has a wonderful personae as an individual, but prefers the personae the two of you make? It's a good thing!

 
At 9:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the photos. Really love that shot of you and your Mom from last Christmas. You are a very talented knitter too!

 
At 10:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

And speaking of photography... Have you taken that roll of film to the lab yet? Do it today, so we can see them on Friday.
(hint hint)

 
At 11:31 a.m., Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

happy anniversary you guys!

 
At 12:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary, mandy and zak!!

 
At 7:15 p.m., Blogger knitty_kat said...

Hey, I'm thinking about making The Perfect Sweater but need some help figuring the yarn sub & gauge and stuff. HELP me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home