Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Mar 3, 2006

Hey Now, Hey Now Now

One day in my first year of college, some music coming from a classroom made my heart stop. I went in and found out what it was. After school, I asked my music-snob goth boyfriend if he'd heard of the Sisters of Mercy. He was quite full of disdain at the fact that I, before that day, had not. (What can I say? I was sheltered. And a geek.)

I have bought the album Floodland five times in the intervening 14 years. (I wore the cassette out 3 times before I bought a CD player, then the first CD ended up becoming defective.) It is still one of my very, very favourite albums.

And now, on March 26, Zak and I are going to see them in concert at the Commodore Ballroom, where I saw Ministry play shortly after we moved here.
I love Vancouver.

3 Comments:

At 7:32 a.m., Blogger Visa Lisa said...

Oh my God... i'm jealous. And I loved Vancouver too, but it had nothing to do with concerts and all the more to do with you. xoxo

 
At 1:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah I am not the only one in the world to wear out my Sisters tapes. The one that got me was the one with Black Planet on it. I am so jealous that you get to see them even though they played LA the ticket price was disugustingly high. Can't wait to hear your review....

 
At 3:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

just saw there show in DC -Absolutley enjoyed myself! The fun part was that instead of fabulous long dark hair, they are al shaved (to cover the baldness) But make sure the sound guy knows what he is doing - the music was great, but the vocals were hard to hear (bad mix) oh and they did not play THIS CORROSION :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home