Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Mar 21, 2006

Happy Vernal Equinox!

Oh, yikes. I look up and suddenly it's been 11 days since I posted (I'm counting today as the 20th... I haven't gone to bed yet, so it's still Monday, right?)

Anyways, Happy Spring to you!



That photo is actually from about 2 weeks ago. Cherry-blossom-and-daffodil season is in full swing right now in Vancouver. Zak and I are going to remember to bring our cameras with us on a little walk tomorrow afternoon (if it doesn't rain), and we'll get some photos of all the pretty around here.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been working a lot, and I've actually had a crazy social life. It is not normal for me to have a crazy social life. I'm enjoying it quite a lot. Have I mentioned how Zak and I keep meeting cool people in Vancouver? Oh wait, yes I did. Never mind.

There's lots of knitting to show, but I've got a bit of an aversion to in-progress shots (mine, that is, I enjoy other people's). Maybe I'll get over it and take some when the sun is out. It's been out a lot lately, showing off all the beauiful scenery around here.

There was a time last year when Zak and I had decided to move back to Calgary, because we miss our families and friends rather a lot. When I thought we were moving back, one of the things I felt a bunch of regret about, was that I would have had only one spring here. I am so grateful that we decided to stay. The beauty of the city is not the biggest or most important reason why I'm glad, but it's one that makes me very happy, every single day. My heart is very full these days.

10 Comments:

At 12:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for full hearts!!! I'm so happy for you (and jealous that you already have signs of spring in Vancouver)!
Kelly

 
At 6:45 p.m., Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

OK, I am a born and raised Vancouverite who now lives in Calgary--I have to say this--I am GREEN with envy. If you look outside my door right now, you see cold, frozen ground and bare trees and snow. Every year it's the same thing. March comes, it's Spring and darn-it-all I WANT DAFFODILS, I WANT CHERRY BLOSSOMS!!! What do I get? Snow. Other than the fact that you are making me miserably homesick. I love your blog. Would LOVE to see what you're knitting, finished or not.

 
At 5:50 a.m., Blogger Dorothy said...

Hello Mandy. Have a nice spring time too !

 
At 3:19 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

Like the above commenter, I'm a West Coast born and bred girl (the Sunshine Coast and Victoria were my areas) now living in Alberta. Banff to be exact, so I'm just going to sit here and stare at your lovely warm flowery picture for a while. sigh.

But at least I can knit thrummed mittens and actually use them. If I finish them.

 
At 3:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Vancouver in the spring. I miss the tree blossoms more than anything. Texas gets green, but not in the lovely way that Vancouver does. I'm so happy I'll be up there this weekend!

 
At 6:00 a.m., Blogger Visa Lisa said...

I'm happy you're busy since it sounds like a very happy version of busy! I love daffodils even more after the movie Big Fish, and your photo here brought a big smile to my face.

I miss you and think of you mydearest [mi'deerest]
xoxox

 
At 12:38 p.m., Blogger Zee said...

I can tell you have a very full heart. It's radiating!! How good for you. :)

Happiness like that is contagious.

Lovely pic of daffodils!

 
At 5:30 p.m., Blogger Sharon said...

Yummmmmm Vancouver in the Spring! I didn't get a chance to spend a lot of time there, but I miss the cherry blossoms and the low clouds. They have cherry blossoms here inSeoul, but I swear half of the city's population is out viewing them in the small areas where the trees grow. The joy is gone when dealing with hundreds of people with their cameras in the way!

Enjoy!

 
At 8:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

how was your concert?

 
At 11:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do miss you though. But I'm so happy you're happy, so that makes up for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home