Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Mar 9, 2006

Not Bad For One Evening

I had some new experiences last night.
1. I held swords in my hands. Okay, replicas, but swords and I? We had not met before.
2. I ate oysters.
3. I spent quality time with a boa constrictor. I couldn't really get enough of the boa consrictor.
4. I tasted beautiful cognacs, and drank a Beautiful.

Zak and I also experienced the disorientation of realizing that, while we have been engaged in talking with exciting new friends, the evening has passed and it is suddenly after midnight and we have to catch a cab home. Thankfully, however, that is not a new experience. We keep meeting the coolest people in Vancouver. :)

(Okay, it's not like we don't have a good number of very cool and cherished friends in Calgary... but the number of cool, interesting, fantastic people we have been meeting here has been freakishly high. And it's been so easy to meet people. Really, it's quite wonderful.)

4 Comments:

At 5:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite the evening! And ever since you guys moved to Vancouver, Vancouver has had one more cool person and Calgary one less! ;)
Kelly

 
At 9:45 p.m., Blogger Wendy said...

Woooo-hoooo!

 
At 5:07 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

Boa constrictor huh? That sounds right up my alley!

 
At 8:23 a.m., Blogger Rachael said...

Where does one go to hold swords as evening entertainment? It sounds like a wonderful evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home