Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

May 24, 2006

This Must Be Why I Usually Skip The Morning

But first, this just in:

Holy crap you guys, thank you for all your comments about this entry! I don't know many of you who commented and Blogger doesn't give me your email addresses, so I can't write you back (here's me pretending that I am ever good about responding to comments), but I do appreciate all the comments very much. :) The pattern in Phildar book #440. You could order the book from Amy's shop, you know. Yes, that is a shameless plug for a friend.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled blog entry:

I got up at 6:something this morning to go to the US Consulate and see a notary for a boring reason. Things I learned this morning:

1. Visiting a consulate is a way more dramatic hassle than I had expected. I suppose it makes sense and everything, but I was not prepared.

2. My husband know how to push my buttons. Thankfully, he uses this power for good, not for evil. (Crankzilla to Pollyanna in 5 seconds flat.)

3. I can get an ignorant, bile-spewing racist pigfucker on a crowded bus to shut his loud, revolting mouth, and without even swearing! I'm not very smooth at it, but the appalling asshole did shut up. I got called a lot of names to my back first, though (not surprising), as I walked to another seat on the bus. I can't believe no one else said anything to him.

All in all, this, the first morning of my attempted return to a more normal (ie. not nocturnal) schedule, was not a hit. I like 4 am much better than 8 am.

3 Comments:

At 7:17 a.m., Blogger jodi said...

Did the consulate visit just give you an excuse to get up early and begin the shift in habit, then, or were you planning a shift anyway? New, daytime work to do?

My ideal schedule would include getting up early in the morning and staying up late, and sleeping four hours in the afternoon and four in the middle of the night. I love mornings, and late nights; it's afternoons that are overrated as far as I'm concerned.

You probably had to go through a metal scanner, eh? I found out the hard way not to wear a chain mail belt to a place like that. A security guard at the Library of Congress even called me Britney Spears once because of it. Totally uncalled for, I'd say.

Also, good for you for standing up to a racist asswipe, especially early in the morning when you weren't at your best. It's time some people started to learn to keep those shitty attitudes to themselves. I try really hard not to hate anyone, but haters really, really get to me.

 
At 7:07 p.m., Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

Good for you! I wish I had the gift - I have the balls, but never know what to say!

 
At 7:44 p.m., Blogger knitty_kat said...

you know, it's not important what they say behind your back - they don't have the balls to say it to your face.

I applaud you, shutting one "fucknuts'" mouth at a time. Small steps, but it's all good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home