Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Mar 30, 2006

Work

This is a concept I've been familiar with for many years, and have had intermittent experiences with. I spent most of my 20s in a weird, soul-crushing, guilt-enhancing space of avoiding work, and have been trying to get to know it better in the last few years. Right now we're pretty close and I have to say, it's doing good things for me.

But I just received the first few pattern chapters of dearest Amy's upcoming book, Not Your Mama's Crochet, and I gotta tell ya... work may eat me for lunch. I admit it. I'm afraid.

This is where someone needs to remind me about The Book That Ate My Summer, about how much work it was , what a good experience that was, how proud I am to be part of it, and how patterns look much less impenetrable when you sit down with them one at a time.

Also, please remind me that I can't even look at it again unil Knitty is finished. One thing at a time...

Okay, thanks for listening. Just felt a little overwhelmed and needed to vent.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 p.m., Blogger Amy R Singer said...

if ANYONE can do this, you can.

but don't you dare start just yet. :-)

and we're really sorry the book ate your summer, and we're working hard to make sure that won't happen again.

like you say, one pattern at a time.

hug!

 
At 9:27 p.m., Blogger jodi said...

I hope you manage to get a little play time in there. I can tell you that my pattern for NYM'sC is pretty mind-bogglingly simple, at least.

I've been meaning to answer your e-mail, by the way, and will soon. I bet you can guess why I haven't yet. My spring seems to have been devoured much like your summer was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home