Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Apr 27, 2006

It's As If I Have A Social Life

Work is freaking me out right now, as yet again I race to meet a deadine. Not so conducive to this racing is the amount of socializing I have been doing. Let's review the week, shall we?

- Monday: Zak leaves on a business trip. I go out for coffee, then wine, with our friend Sam. I stopped by Chapters on the way home to see this book on the shelf. (Holy crap! My name's on it! ...not that this is a surprise, but it was definitely a thrill.) I spent some serious quality time with this book, and had the inexorable need to then come home and make t-shirts until far too late.

- Tuesday: I went out for dinner with Rachael. You know when you meet someone through friends and think they're cool, then you see them at a few things and then you get together for, like, a first "friend date"? That was that thing. I was late. I hate being late. I am a reformed late person. I was thwarted by evil buses. *sigh* It was fun, though. Afterwards, I came home and worked til very late. The Late. Are you sensing a theme here?

- Wenesday: I went to our friends Lj and Raistlin's place. I love hanging out with them; they are wonderful, interesting, and never boring. Of course, I stayed too late. I came home and crocheted all fucking night to finish the last touches for my samples for Amy's crochet book. I am seriously sleep-deprived today, but the stuff is on its way... hooray!!

- Thursday: Tonight I'm seeing Susie, and we're both going to take tomorrow off work and hang out. The theory behind this evening is "Why should sleepovers be only for kids?" Doesn't it make more sense to have them when you're an adult, and don't have to worry about waking your parents up by talking too late? And, you know, you can drink?

That's my "weekend", since Saturday and Sunday will be all about the work. Zak comes back tomorrow, which makes it just about the shortest business trip ever. It will be so nice to have him back home so soon. :)

I wish I could show you some stuff, but there's been no knitting, and all the crochet has been for the book. Maybe I'll ask Susie to take some t-shirt photos for me tonight, so you can tell me if the shirts I am into making now are cute, or stupid. I only know they're fun to make. :)

Also? I have to make a dress to go swing dancing in. I will fantasize about that while I work to meet my deadline. I can't wait to start dancing again. :)

5 Comments:

At 4:54 p.m., Blogger Heather said...

That 99 Ways book? When I saw it it was a "Look-Flip through-BUY IMMEDIATELY"-type of purchase. Usually I agonize long and hard about buying books (because I want them all...), but that was an instant must-have.
Haven't had a chance to go thrifting yet (damn tourist town with no cheap stores....) but I can't wait. I have all sorts of plans!

 
At 5:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy! I bought that same book a few weekends ago and immediately thought of you. I can't wait to get started on my T-Shirt creations - a week and a bit and then school is over!

Erika

 
At 6:01 p.m., Blogger Wendy said...

Sounds like a good week--well, except the crochet...;P

 
At 10:31 a.m., Blogger Rachael said...

A first friend date is how I was thinking about it too. It was great to hang out. I want to see these t-shirts.

 
At 3:03 p.m., Blogger Dani In NC said...

I have the 99 Ways book on reserve at the library. I've already checked out Generation T. Have you seen that one? What do you think? I liked it but since the intended wearer of the t-shirts is my 13 yo daughter, I had to eliminate many of the styles that were too sexy. She's still very excited about the concept, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home