Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Apr 10, 2006

A Boring Entry About Cool People*

First things first: Though I am writing as though it's still Sunday night, technically it's the morning of the 10th, which means that Zak and I have now been married for 7 years.
Happy Anniversary, my Love!!


We had a wonderful evening with Rachael and Lala tonight. Rachael was one of the first bloggers I started reading, and we have been wanting to meet for several years now. It was very exciting to attend her wedding (v. 2) last Monday! Zak and I had a great time. It was fantastic to finally meet Rachael and her Lala, and it was a nice bonus to see Rachael Ashe again, and to meet Janice. (We met more folks at the "reception", but I can't remember everyone's name, so I will not embarrass myself by writing about it.)

I think I enjoyed tonight more, though. I wasn't so nervous, and we got to hang out with Rachael and Lala and relax with fantastic sushi and divine gelato. It's pretty cool to meet blog friends. I was surprised how much I have remembered from reading Rachael's blog the last few years, the conversation was pretty easy and the weirdness factor was pretty small. In fact, I kept sort of catching myself forgetting that I actually hadn't met Rachael in person before, and that this actually was a situation that should be fraught with awkwardness, or some kind of strange strangeness. Zak and I both like them an awful lot, and it's pretty disappointing that they live so far away!!

Also, I should point out that these photos are pretty good of Lala, but not so good of Rachael. (Also: quite goofy of Zak. Indifferent of me.) Do not be deceived. Rachael is gorgeousness incarnate.

* Sorry this entry is so devoid of wit and charm. It's been a busy, intense few weeks, and writing takes more brain power than I have at my disposal right now. As a result, I have to say this explicitly, instead of hoping it will come through in my writing: I am very happy and excited about meeting these new/not-new friends. They are quite awesome. That is all.

6 Comments:

At 8:01 a.m., Blogger Rachael said...

Don't worry, you definately sound happy about this second meeting with them.

I love these photos - especially Zak's expression in the second one! How did you manage to get so many people in a hand-held buddy shot? That's talent.

I'm feeling drained in my life, not my blog. It's always a delicate balance to express unhappy things on a blog without being totally negative and depressing.

 
At 1:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Actually, it wasn't a boring blog update at all. Very nice indeed!

 
At 5:28 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photos said it all. Rachael and Lala must be the "sushi couple". We had fantastic sushi and a fabulous time with them too.

 
At 10:56 a.m., Blogger Erin said...

I've never met any blogging friends. I hope to some day and I'm sure the ackwardness won't even be there. After all, if you can't think of anything to talk about, there's always yarn!

 
At 7:54 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures -- everyone seems to be having such a good time.

It's fun to meet bloggers and realize they are the people they seem to be online and that you really like them.

I've had fun catching up and seeing that you're settling into the Vancouver ommunity. It always takes a lot longer to feel comfortable in a new place than you think it should. Good for you for sticking it out.

Happy anniversary!

 
At 6:48 p.m., Blogger Rabbitch said...

Happy anniversary! It way way cool to meet you and Zak (and of course Rachael and Rachael and Lala). Call me! email me! Um, you can't call me you don't have my number. Anyhow, after the moving house madness is over, here, if you're into it I'd love to get together and see if you have EVEN MORE COOL SHOES oh fsm I'm weary, forgive me.

Um, hi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home