Yarnageddon

Based on a True Sweater

Apr 30, 2006

98% Content-Free!

While Susie and I were out shopping on Main Street on Friday, she took some photos for me.

Here's one of the t-shirts I made this week. I really enjoyed making this shirt, it was a departure from the way I usually do things. It's not actually a great photo of the shirt, but it has two things going for it:

1. I look less fat than in the other photos (vanity, thy name is Mandy).
2. Behold the glory that is spring in Vancouver! Behold it!!!

Click for big.



Oh, forget the damn t-shirt. I'll take some photos of it lying flat, so you can see the things I like about it, which make it interesting. I'll photograph the other shirt I made, too.

How about some more of that glorious spring? How about... some spring, with lovely Susie (squinting a bit because of the sun), and a random car? Yes, that's the ticket. Again, click for big.

11 Comments:

At 3:52 a.m., Blogger AmyP said...

Great T-shirt (it looks pieced and shaped, is that right?), lovely blossom and nice tattoo (is it a moth?).

 
At 7:13 a.m., Blogger Amy Boogie said...

The t-shirt, Vancouver and you look fabulous! Your hair has gotten so long, it looks great.

 
At 7:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love spring in Vancouver. I'm jealous! And the shirt looks pretty cool.

 
At 10:13 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEH HEH the title is my favourite - heh heh.. The t-shirt is pretty great too.

 
At 11:40 a.m., Blogger Wendy said...

OOoh, pretty blossoms!

(...and the flowers on the trees don't look too bad either, nyuck, nyuck)

 
At 7:17 p.m., Blogger Karen said...

you look great -- i love that shirt!

the book looks very inspiring -- but i liked your other modified t-shirts that i saw in penticton -- you've got great style ;)

 
At 8:09 p.m., Blogger Rachael said...

I have two super cute pictures of you that I took at Susie and Travis' housewarming. When I get around to scanning them I will let you know.

I really like the t-shirt design, but I am detailed look at it would be great.

 
At 6:55 a.m., Blogger Sharon said...

Mandylah!

Wow, I have see you evolve over the years and my oh my I'm loving the T-shirt, the hair and most of all that smile!

I wanna buy that book too! Damn I should of took photos and written down all those things you said about making, cutting, tearing, pinning and whatever else oh ducktaping!

 
At 9:58 p.m., Blogger Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

OK, you're making me miss Vancouver again! The shirt is great… but those cherry blossoms… if I send you a pic of Calgary… trust me… there will be no cherry blossoms. Heavy sigh…

 
At 1:14 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

It does look beautiful there!

 
At 5:14 p.m., Blogger knitty_kat said...

I like the t-shirt! Is this your own pattern?

Now you just need to get Susie doing a knit blog too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home